Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Fiction and Memoirs: How to Write A Manuscript

Dear Readers,

Someone asked me why do I post so much stuff from Writers Digest. I told them because they are the best resource for writers. The  tips they give and the information they provide on the literary is so informative and right on. Although they mainly deal with book authors, their information can be applied by screenwriters.

Following is some info about manuscript writing, and getting the ideas in your head organized into a story and on paper. So check it out




How to Write a Manuscript: 5 Key Tips
brian-klems-2013-newsletter Brian A. Klems
Online Editor
WritersDigest.com
@BrianKlems

Online Boot Camp:
Crafting Fiction and Memoir that Sells: A Craft Intensive

4/21-4/24
(LIMITED SEATING)

Comes with 10-page Critique
  Register Now >>



Getting started on any writing project is always the toughest. For years I talked about turning an idea I had from college into a novel so amazing that Oprah would beg to have me on—probably twice! I had notes for the novel in my head and, once in a blue moon, I’d actually sit down to try to write the damn thing. But what did I know about how to write a manuscript? The most I could ever hammer out was about 2,000 words. Considering most first-time novels fall between 80,000-100,000 words, I think it was safe to say that I was more likely to publish a sneeze than this book.

It wasn’t until I got serious about it that I started to make real progress (not on that manuscript, mind you, but on a nonfiction project). I don’t think I would have had any luck writing a manuscript if I hadn’t learned these five tips. I recommend them to anyone who is serious about writing a manuscript or has even toyed with the idea of writing novels. Here they are.  Read more... 














 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment