Here is a copy of an email I got this morning. If you are interested in learning how to organize your ideas for your Middle Grade of Young Adult novel, two hot markets, check out these tutorials.
Writing the Breakout Teen or Middle Grade Novel, Part 2
Writer's Digest Tutorials
Anyone can tell you that the young adult (YA) and middle grade (MG) publishing industry is hot, with new debut authors getting deals each week. But with this market success comes more competition than ever. So what can you do to stand out? This presentation gives you a literary agent's insider insight to what's in, what's out, and what you can expect along the road to publication in this exciting and booming segment of the publishing marketplace.
From establishing a knowledge base of the category, to crafting that perfect concept and fine-tuning your voice, to researching smarter and refining your querying strategies, literary agent Holly Root gives you an agent's eye view of the current landscape-with plenty of straight talk about what's real, what's hype, and how to thrive in one of the most exciting areas of the publishing business.
In this 48-minute tutorial, you will learn:
- How to reconcile your art and the realities of the business
- How to “think like an agent” in crafting a query that will get noticed
- How to research smarter when targeting agents or publishers-targeting the best people for your work
Preview: Writing the Breakout Teen or Middle Grade Novel, Part 2 >
Writer's Digest Tutorials Members enjoy full access to all tutorials featured in this newsletter, as well as every tutorial on the tutorials site. For only $199 you gain access to all Writer's Digest's writing tutorials for an entire year. That means you have access to all 246+ current tutorials and all the new tutorials created throughout the year. With the addition of at least one new tutorial every week you have access to a minimum of another 52 educational tutorials. Watch every video whenever you like, as often as you would like . . . and be the first to watch the new tutorial we post each week!
Haven't taken advantage of the wisdom bestowed through the WD tutorials yet? Why not try it out today and see all that our WD tutorials have to offer! You can try WD Tutorials for only $25/month! You will enjoy instant access to 246+ tutorials, including at least one new tutorial added weekly. Also, there are many new tutorials still in development. Feel free to preview the many tutorials immediately available to you through the WD Tutorials site.
Wishing you a happy and healthy week!
~ Sue Johnson~
P.S. If you missed the last newsletter (or two), be sure to watch these new and featured tutorials:
- Writing the Breakout Teen or Middle Grade Novel, Part 1
- Pumping Up: Applying the Rules of the Gym to Your Writing Career, Part 2
- Pumping Up: Applying the Rules of the Gym to Your Writing Career, Part 1
- How to Keep an Agent Reading: Write an Attention-Grabbing First Chapter
- How to Pre-Plot and Complete a Novel or Memoir in a Month, Part 2
- How to Pre-Plot and Complete a Novel or Memoir in a Month, Part 1
View All WD Tutorials >